Saturday, June 2, 2012

First Summer Saturday

Today was a fun-filled summer Saturday!  We started off with a good breakfast with Shonn before he had to go to work. Then we played with puzzles, read books, looked at letter cards, played with Little People, raced around the house, and read more books.  Beckett napped around 9:15 in his bed (!!), and I franticaly rushed around getting ready, doing some laundry, and putting chicken in the crock pot. (It's a miracle that the chicken didn't end up in the washing machine with dirty socks in the crock pot!)  When he woke up, we went to Allison's to play with Hadleigh and see Hampton, which was really fun!  (Especially for the mommies, I think.)  Then we went to Champaign to ride the carousel, get Grammy's birthday present, and eat.  On the way home, we stopped at Rockhome gardens to go to the petting zoo.  It was so much fun! 

Here are the pics from today, in reverse order. (Sent from my phone...)
There were beautiful horses in the field across from the donkey (more on him below).  They neigh-ed and were very interested in Beckett.  Beckett liked them, too, as long as he had a good hold on my hand. :)
When Beckett saw the donkey at Rockhome gardens, it brayed.  He subsequently thought it was a cow, and began moo-ing in response. They had a great echo-session going there for awhile.  Then we got a little closer and the donkey was very excited (must not have been many visitors today), so it HEE-hawed really loudly, and Beckett looked at me and started to cry!  It was so sad!  I don't know what caused it; it was almost like he felt badly for the lonely thing.
Mom, easy on the pictures. Riding a Bear is serious work.
I think Hadleigh wants me to resuce her.  So naturally, I took a picture instead. 
Both Hadleigh and Beckett snuggled up on my lap for a few minutes and I loved it!  Beckett was really loving!
We are PARCHED!  They kept taking long drinks of their sippy cups, like it was a race.  I love
Hadleigh's face here!

No comments:

Post a Comment